Philippians 2:14-16New Living Translation (NLT)
14 Do everything without complaining and arguing, 15 so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. 16 Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.
I’m usually not one to join in on one of the “challenges” going around. I do enjoy watching others participate with ice bucket, U name it, and mannequin being some of my favs. Well, today I started the no complaint challenge. Hopefully, others, like everyone that reads this, will join me. Don’t take that the wrong way. I need the accountability and positivity and to share that with you. So let’s put down some guidelines to give this challenge focus.
All silent and vocal complaints are applicable.
1. No getting mad or frustrated or annoyed with YOURSELF.
2. No griping at your pet, children, spouse, friends, parents, strangers.
2. No judging others, even if they are incompetent or at fault.
3. No expressing displeasure about the weather.
4. No getting annoyed about the news.
5. No agreeing to another person’s complaint. That’s like being accessory to complaining.
6. No fussing about electronics or wifi or online apps misbehaving.
7. No griping at your pet, children, spouse, friends, parents, strangers.
8. No feeling sorry for yourself or swearing even if you stub your toe or jam your finger.
9. No complaining about your work, the stupid co-workers or the horrid boss.
10. No criticizing anything, anywhere, anytime, in any capacity.
If you forget the rules, just remember this: Just Don’t Complain!
Can’t tell if it’s a complaint? Like, it could be a valid point or something. Quick test: What would you call it if someone else did it or said it? Let your spouse, a child or the look on your pet’s face be the deciding factor. If it sounds, smells and feels like a complaint, it probably is one.
rules adapted from http://www.prolificliving.com/stay-happy-stop-complaining/
During this 21 day challenge I will keep you abreast of my challenges and hopefully triumphs. Feel free to share yours. Be well, Beloved!